Guide your hiring teams with Talent Sonar’s evidence-based approach
Most people think they’re naturally great at hiring. But you know making the right hiring decision requires consistently applying best practices throughout the entire process. Use Talent Sonar to guide everyone on your hiring team through an evidence-based structured hiring process so you can scale best practices.
How to create a new job
First, help your hiring team establish role criteria. You can do this step in a live intake meeting with a hiring manager or ask the hiring manager to complete this step independently.
- Click New Job
- Enter a title for the job and get suggestions for skills and values that should guide the hiring process
- Click on one of the job suggestion rows to grab skills and values
- Click the X next to the skill or value to remove any unwanted ones, and type to add others
Invite the hiring team
You can share your job with the hiring manager.
When you create a new job, you become its default owner. You can assign other users to become an owner in a Job settings.
Don’t worry about adding interviewers yet. You can add interviewers on a different screen when we get to building the interview.
Add candidates to the job
Once you’ve saved your new job, add applicants.
- From the job dashboard, drag a PDF or Word resume into the upload field. You can also add several files at once.
- Watch the uploads progress.
- If any uploads fail, you’ll be prompted to correct the required fields (first name, last name, and email).
Select candidates to be interviewed
To slate candidates for interview, check their box in the Interview column (the default says Round 1, but you can edit it to name the interview round):
Build an interview guide
Create an interview guide for each interviewer on the Build Interview page.
First, add the interview team. In the search box, enter the name of each interviewer and click on their name to add them.
Checkboxes let you select which skills and values you want to assign to each interviewer. Interviewers will be prompted to score the candidates on these skills and values they are assigned.
On the right side, you’ll the skills and values selected for the role at the beginning of the process. You’ll see suggested interview questions for most skills and values. You can also add your own questions by clicking on add your own question.
To assign a question to an interviewer, click on the question and then click on the interviewer’s name. You can assign interviewers different skills and values to evaluate.
Click Prioritize criteria to gather a few more datapoints from the manager on the kinds of candidates they are looking for by having them rate the importance of each skill and value:
- Simply drag and drop to adjust the slider.
- Click Save.
When you’re done click Save at the bottom of the page if you’re ready to distribute the interview plans to interviewers or click Back to the dashboard.
Assign interviews and send invites
Click Assign in the interview column:
- In the Assign pop up, click Save.
- **This Save step must happen before an interviewer can access their interview in Talent Sonar. Clicking Save triggers the interview to become available to the interviewer in their Talent Sonar dashboard.
- Note that it’s fine to add or remove questions after clicking Save.
- When you click Save, all the interviewers will receive an email containing interview info and a link to start their interview session.
- If you make any changes you can choose to re-email the interviewer by clicking Email interviewer.
- You can also copy the link to the interview feedback form by clicking Get link and then send it to the interviewers through an external email or calendar invite.
- Interviewers will also be navigated to their interview when they login.
- You can click Change interviewer if you need to sub in a different person for an interview last minute. If you remove an interviewer, the original interviewer will receive an email notifying them that their scheduled interview is no longer happening.
Preparing an interview feedback summary report
An interviewer has access only to their own interview results (not the rest of the team’s), but you can share a copy of all results via email following these steps. (Note that a job owner or editor can review a candidate’s results at anytime, whether or not they’ve submitted results yet.)
To create the feedback summary report
- Click In progress in the interview round field to access interview feedback.
- (Once all interview feedback has been submitted, In progress will instead show a number; this number is the calculated score based on all feedback.)
- From the results page, use your browser’s File > Print menu to click Save as PDF.
- Generate this PDF for each candidate and email to the hiring manager or interview team.
- Remind the interview team to submit feedback by logging in at http://app.talentsonar.com until all have submitted feedback.
To see which interviewers have not submitted feedback yet,
- Scroll down to their name.
- The interviewer’s panel will read “Scores not available” if they have not submitted feedback.
The results page displays:
- Any notes the interviewer took.
- Each question they asked.
- How they scored each competency.
- An aggregate score based on the skills and values ratings weighted by how important each skill and value was prioritized.
Job owners can also review the results for all candidates on the job dashboard as the results come in.
That’s it! Your entire hiring team has completed an evidence-based, structured hiring process.